3.16.2008

Portfolio Update 3/14/08: Long Term US Bonds Rule

Ahhh sweet government bonds. Since last May, the single best performing fund of any of the funds in the portfolios I track is BTTRX American Century Target Mat 2025 My Post.

While the portfolios have all lost value:

BTTRX has returned 16.99%. And in the WylieMoney Slowly Portfolio I added BTTRX on 7/6/07 and it has since returned 24.30%. In my post entitled "Is now the time to buy government long bonds?" I answered 'probably not.' Well, I was wrong. But since I invest (hypothetically) using a system, I invested anyway.

My system for the WylieMoney portfolios continues to show promise as both WylieMoney portfolos and "My Brokerage" in which I have taken some of my own advice, are the three best performing portfolios of the bunch.

I'm not sure what it says that investors look at the long term prospects of the US as we do nothing about Medicare, Social Security and our debt and continue to use tax dollars to bail out crooks and the greedy in a cycle of inadequate regulation followed by apology checks from the government and hastily passed regulation padding the retirement accounts of FOWs (Friends of Washington) and think YES- this is a greeeaaaat investment...

Maybe everybody uses a system instead of thinking about whether or not the investment is great.


WylieMoney 20 Mostly Managed

WylieMoney Slowly

Lazy 20 Mostly Index

Three Fund Index

ETF 20

S&P 500


No comments: