7.06.2008

Portfolio Update 7/4/08: Calling it Quits?

Another down week. Is it time to be Calling it Quits? Since this is only Monopoly Money, I think I'll hang in there.



Actually, this is not all hypothetical. My retirement accounts (IRAs) are down 11.49% since May 1, 2007. And my non-retirement account, the investments I make hoping to grow some wealth to use before I hit 60, is down 7.62% since the same date.


Truth is, I've been adding to both accounts over the last year and 2 months and will continue to do so for a while yet.

My IRAs are tracking in line with the ETF portfolio which is not surprising since my IRAs are invested significantly in ETFs. I tend to save up and add the IRA limit all at once so conventional wisdom says ETFs, with their lower expenses should outperform mutual fund index funds not to mention managed funds, over the long term. Well over a year in is not exactly long term but it ain't exactly breif either and so far conventional wisdom has not applied to reality.

Regardless, I'm not calling it quits.

WylieMoney 20 Mostly Managed


WylieMoney slowly

Lazy 20 Mostly Index

Three Fund Index


ETF 20

S&P 500

No comments: