5.04.2008

Portfolio Update 5/02/08: Road to Nowhere

The first weekly update after a full year watching this experiment, I feel a little like I'm on the road to nowhere.

The WylieMoney 20 Mostly Managed portfolio is up the most and the S&P 500 index fund is down about the same amount. My Brokerage is up a little, my IRA is down a little. The 20 ETFs tracking the 20 categories I chose are down 0.63%. The 20 Vanguard funds (mostly index funds) tracking those same categories are up 0.56% collectively. The simplest of the portfolios, the Three Fund Index, sits in the middle of the pack, up less than half a percent.


Even though things seem flat overall, the WylieMoney mostly managed portfolio is up over 2 1/2% over its closest direct competition (portfolios tracking the same categories) the Three fund Index.

Was March the low point on this road? Only time will tell...


WylieMoney 20 Mostly Managed WylieMoney Slowly Three Fund Index Lazy 20 Mostly Index ETF 20 S&P 500

No comments: