11.16.2008

Next WylieMoney Slowly fund: MDIIX BlackRock Intl Index

I have really been slacking with adding funds to the WylieMoney Slowly portfolio.

I'm supposed to pick a new fund before the first of each month and add it to the WylieMoney Slowly Portfolio on the first down day of the month. Well unless Monday is a gargantuan rally, my laziness will pay off as this month has already seen massive declines in my next fun category: Foreign Large Blend.

The fund I choose for the WylieMoney 20 Mostly managed portfolio was MDIIX BlackRock Intl Index My Post.

Of the no-load, no fee mutual funds available in this category through Etrade with a record of more than 5 years, MDIIX has the worst 3 year return, but not not by much. The funds in this category are performing very close to each other.

Since MDIIX has the lowest expenses and non of the other options are significantly outperforming it over 5 years, I'm sticking with it.

So on the next day the markets decline, I'll add a $2500 investment in MDIIX BlackRock Intl Index to the WylieMoney Slowly Portfolio.

No comments: