11.03.2007

Portfolio Update 11/02/07 My Roth IRA Takes a Tumble!

Another big drop in equity markets this week shuffled up the portfolios in my experiment. My Roth IRA in particular took a big hit due to relatively large Real Estate exposure in Boston Properties (BXP) and investments in the financial sector through iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend Index (DVY) both of which were down almost 4% for the week. Last week, My Roth was in third place since May. This week it falls to fifth. It is still the third best performing portfolio Year to Date.


I've gotten feedback recently that my charts/graphics are not as clear as they could be and that they cause certain viewers mental anguish and such.


I tried to clean this up a bit- I made the lines thicker and moved the $ to the left. What this chart illustrates most clearly to me is that from May to mid September, the portfolios tracked each other relatively closely. But recently the portfolios have diverged significantly.

The following screenshots are only intended for the curious and for those who might suspect me of manipulating my results. I re-invest all capital gains and dividend distributions. Click the image for a larger view.

WylieMoney 20 Mostly Managed


Three Fund Lazy Portfolio


WylieMoney Slowly

Lazy 20 Mostly Index

ETF 20

S&P 500

No comments: